How to sync photos from Sony Ericsson K800i to MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iW00t, Jul 29, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Sadly I am not rich enough to buy an iPhone, it is also not sold in Australia :mad:

Been trying to sync my phone together with my Mac but so far I have only managed to sync the calendar and the contact list. Is is possible to sync the photos that are on the phone with iPhoto as well?

When iSync finished its job, I launched iPhoto half expecting my phone's pictures to be imported, but alas I overestimate Apple's hype...

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Nope... you can't via iSync. Even the iPods/iPhone that does synch Photos does it through iTunes rather than iSync.

If you use the USB cable to plug your phone in, you should be able to see your phone in the source list in iPhoto and import them that way. Must confess that I generally just bluetooth them over and import them that way since I don't transfer all of them over.

3. PimpDaddy macrumors 6502

LOL... What does this have to do with "apple's hype"?

You expect them to support picture sync with every phone out there on the market?

I would rather say that it's Sony Ericsson that is lacking a proper program for sync with a Mac. It's their product. They should support it, not Apple :)

4. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Oh thanks, it works now!

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's not syncing, but you can transfer the photos from your camera to your Mac via bluetooth.

If you don't know how to already, i do it on my V600i thus: click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, then click Browse Device. It should come up with a window with folders in it. Go through Pictures -> camera_semc -> 100MSDCF -> [pics].JPG

6. D-Swallow macrumors newbie

It can be done!

Hi,

I was finding transferring photo files individually from the K800i a bit of a head-wreck as I lost my camera and had to rely on the Ericsson while on holiday. I have a MacBook but I'm sure it's the same on the pro.
    I'm not sure what order I did these things in, but eventually the exact browser that I had hoped for popped up. Try this:

- Switch on Bluetooth on Mac and phone.
    - Go to settings/ connectivity/ bluetooth on the phone. Go to My devices and set up computer.
    - It should prompt you with a password on the Mac which you then enter into phone.
    - Go to Bluetooth on the Mac and choose Browse devices. Hopefully, you'll now be able to browse a file called "phone memory", and you can find everything in there.

Cheers, D