How to sync photos not on camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iglio, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

Hi guys so for some reason or another I have photos that are not on my iphone's camera roll that I want to sync up to my mac...how would i go about doing that?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are these photos that you did not sync using iTunes? That you took with your camera, but are not in your camera roll?

3. Iglio thread starter macrumors regular

well they're photos that i've imported into iphoto from another computer [which are now accessible] that i synced into my iphone, now i want to get them into my current computer.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Supposedly Air Share will do that. I don't have the app, but from what I've read that may be what you need. Wished I had got it when it was free.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You don't need Air Share for this. I sync 3 albums that are managed in iPhoto with my iPhone. You can create the albums and then launch iTunes (with your phone attached to your computer) and tell iTunes to sync specific iPhoto albums.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Jessica, the reason I suggested air share was that I thought he wouldn't be able to sync on a new computer like that. So, you can do that? I humbly ask the question of you, oh Demi-Godess, please do not thrash me for my stupidity, since I am working off the unworthy PC and not the Glorious Mac.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If he is syncing his iPhone to the new computer now then all he has to do is sync his created album in iPhoto.
    And the sarcasm doesn't suit you ... you know? ;) As a demi I am no better than you and in many cases I'm worse. :)

8. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Okay, Jessica., This has been bugging me for a while:

Is your avatar a cat licking his/her own crotch?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Actually I wasn't being that sarcastic, since you have been around awhile (and I'm not saying you're old, just better, finer....I'll stop now :)), so of course you know more. Anyway, I thought he wasn't syncing to the new computer; that he just wanted to move pics off his iPhone to there for some reason. So, I'm confused, because I thought you couldn't do that unless you were making it your new computer.

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do...

1. You have photos in iPhoto on an old mac. You sync your iPhone with a new mac and want these photos on the new computer to then get synced onto the iPhone? - If so, then locate your iPhoto Library File and copy it onto your new computer. Then you can set it up to sync your iPhone.

2. You have photos on your iPhone that you don't have on a computer and you want to be able to get them from the phone onto the computer? If so, you'll have to buy a program that can strip pictures out of the iPhone and copy them to your computer.

3. You have photos in iPhoto on the same computer you're syncing your iPhone with? If so, open iTunes and check the photos tab for your Photo Syncing settings.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There is another thread that I thought someone asked that but I thought this guy had iPhoto photos in his computer that he wanted on the iPhone.

Too many threads ... I am confused.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, he needs to come back and clarify a lot of things anyway. I'm confused too.

13. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I think it is the case lol :p. Actually the first few times i saw this avatar i always thought it was a violin (or maybe it was and then she changed it to a cat...not sure).

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I thought it was a musical instrument at first also. Then I got a closer look.

I still have no idea if it is the cats or not:confused: