How to sync recorded 3GS videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arachn1d, Jun 29, 2009.

1. arachn1d macrumors member

So, I noticed none of the videos I record actually transfer from iPhoto to my iPhone.

What am I doing wrong? How do I sync the videos I record? Only photos seem to transfer :(.

2. Que macrumors 6502

3. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Within iPhoto just navigate to the phone as the device on the left, then select the video and click "import Selected". Then go up to "last import" and it will be there or it will be at the bottom of imports either way.

4. arachn1d thread starter macrumors member

Well, yes, I can sync the video from my iPhone to iPhoto by clicking "import"; however I can't get my iPhoto to sync back the videos into an album/event onto my iPhone. I click "delete photos on iPhone" so it's no longer in the camera roll.

The problem again is, the videos don't sync from iPhoto to my iPhone's photo library. It's also not in the "videos" section of the iPod so I have no idea where else it could be.

5. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

I'm noticing this as well. I have a smart album that looks for photos that were taken with an iPhone and sync that back to my phone so I can clean out the camera roll. The movies from the camera app have no useful metadata so the best I could do is create a smart album that looks for files with a filename that starts with IMG_ and ends with .MOV. That finds them but you can't sync this back to the iPhone. This is a rather large over site on Apple's part and hopefully it will be fixed.

After some digging, page 106 in the user guide:
    If you delete the photos and videos from iPhone when you upload them to your
    computer, they’re removed from the Camera Roll album. You can use the iTunes
    Photos setup pane to sync photos back to the Photos application on iPhone. Videos
    can’t be synced back to iPhone, however

Yea... that needs to be fixed.

6. arachn1d thread starter macrumors member

Yah, seriously, wtf? How could such a thing be overlooked? This is riduclous o_O

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I think you have to sync the videos with iTunes.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

You have to drag them into iTunes, and sync from the movies/videos tab there.

I've written to Apple, asking them to change that in the future; you should too. www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Yup. You have export them from iPhoto and import them into iTunes. Convoluted, just a bit.