How to sync videos from iPhone 6s Plus to Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Nov 23, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, when I connected my iPhone to the MBP physically, from iTunes I can select the photos I want and copy the files to the Mac. How to do this with videos? I don't see videos being listed.

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

You can import them into Photos, or use Image Capture in the Utilities folder. Which is what I do. I don't like all my images and videos in Photos, so I first use Image Capture to bring them over to the Mac, cull through them and then import the "Keepers" to photos, which I then save back to the iPhone from iTunes.

You could also select them from Photos on your iPhone and airdrop them to the Mac.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks. I cannot find Image Capture in the Utilities folder. As far as I heard, MBP 2010 17" does not support airdrop. How do I import them into Photos? After physically connecting my iPhone to the Mac, I activated Photos. I clicked iPhone icon but there is no movie file. I clicked Photo. No video is shown in the list.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Image Capture is in Application folder

5. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

They should be, were the videos taken with your iPhone camera? Or, are videos you rented or purchased from iTunes?

Use Spotlight Search on your MB, Image Capture should be there.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Shouldn't that be "from iTunes I can select the photos I want and copy the files from the Mac[ to my iPhone]?

Normally you would select in Photos the photos that you want to copy to your Mac.

7. LiveM macrumors 65816

LiveM

You can also use iCloud to sync everything while choosing to optimise per-device files based on available storage.