How to Sync without a credit card for iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PNGento, Dec 29, 2011.

1. PNGento macrumors member

I have a couple of friends in Papua New Guinea (PNG). One has an iPad and the other an iPod Touch. One has a credit card, but apparently Apple won't accept it since is is a PNG issued card. The other has no credit card. These are very primitive people who have discovered technology and I want to try to help them out, but I don't know enough about how exactly iTunes and Apple accounts work to help them out. I believe I could add one, but not both, to my iTunes acct as if it were my own device, but that presents a couple of problems. First, they want to buy and put their own apps on their devices...Second, I would simply rather not as I consider that piracy.

Can anyone suggest a solution. I was wondering if I could buy them an iTunes gift card...would that allow them to create their own acct. They have access to laptops that would allow them to download the iTunes software. Is this a possible solution? The only downside is that I won't be back in the States for 2 weeks, and then not returning to PNG for another month. However, that is certainly doable, but if there is another solution, please help these guys out. They are good people and I want to help, but just not sure how. Any help is most appreciated.

2. The General macrumors 601

The iOS 5 setup assistant lets you create a free Apple ID / iCloud account / email address as is. In order to buy applications or media that costs money, they'd have to use a credit card or a gift card.

Do they have iTunes gift cards for PNG accounts? If not, they could change their accounts to be US accounts and order gift cards on the internet or get gift codes from you.