How to "Tab" over?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wexford, May 3, 2008.

  1. wexford macrumors member

    Nov 30, 2007
    i'm wondering - how does one go about using the keyboard to move (or tab in windows) the highlighted menu selection in leopard?

    for example, in the below, how would i use the keyboard to move the selection from "cancel" to "reset"?

  2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus


    Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    System Preferences - Keyboard and mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts - Full keyboard access - All controls.


    Enter selects the pulsating blue button
    Space selects the highlighted button
    Escape selects cancel
  3. kewright1215 macrumors newbie

    Feb 18, 2010
    3 options

    okay that was my question "how do you get the other option selected?" like if I were to try closing out of a Pages and there were 3 options...Don't Save, Cancel, or Save, I understand by pushing esc it will cancel the options, but who would I use just hot keys to Don't Save? Any one know? =] Thank you!!!
  4. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

    Jun 17, 2009
    Sometimes you can press a letter key. For example, when shutting down my Mac I press the power button and then Enter to shut down (cos that's what is selected by default), R to restart, S to sleep and Esc to cancel.

    Annoyingly, like many areas of OS X, this approach isn't consistent.
  5. pit29 macrumors 6502a


    May 23, 2006
    The Golden State
    Command-D, like "Don't".

Share This Page