how to tag folder names as album in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChrisWiggles, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ChrisWiggles macrumors newbie

I did a bunch of googling, and couldn't find an answer to this or how to do this except with windows-based mp3tag apps.

I have a collection of .WAV files with no tags or filenames at all, but they are all nested in folders that are named with the album the files are from. All the actual .WAV file names are just Track01, Track02, etc. Obviously if I imported these as-is it would be a disorganized disaster.

I am trying to import them into my iTunes library as ALAC lossless-compressed files.

All I would like to do is have the imported files tagged with the folder as the album name.

I can't seem to find any tag editor that will do this on a Mac. I don't want to sit here for hours in iTunes manually entering the album tag for each imported song, that would take ages. Are there any options, or do I brew a pot of coffee...? :eek:

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If neither the filenames nor the tags are populated correctly, put on that pot of coffee. You'll have to do it manually. Import one album at a time, then select all the newly imported files and enter the same Album and Album Artist info for them at one time. You'll then have to to the track names individually.