how to take back up of iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maddy693, Oct 13, 2010.

1. maddy693 macrumors newbie

I have iphone 4 synced with my laptop, suddenly my laptop crashed and all my data is lost.

Now i got a new hardrive for it, now if i sync my iphone with laptop all my data in my iphone are lost. Please recommend me any
    solution so that i still will have my data safe if i sync it.

How can i take a backup of my iphone and sync the same with iphone connectd to new laptop.

2. Reefbone macrumors regular

Someone here might give you the straight scoop but you might also consider calling Apple for assistance. I've always found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.

3. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

why would you lose the data on your iPhone just because you sync it with a newly set up laptop?

4. maddy693 thread starter macrumors newbie

For ex lets say when i sync my ipod with the laptop..it sync's it with new songs in my laptop and delete all my songs in the iphone..............

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

plug in iphone to laptop, right click little iphone on side menu, select backup. transfer all your purchases too...you may need to authorize your computer now that its all new...done deal

6. maddy693 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it take backup of my ipod also i.e all the songs in the phone and apps. Can i customize the location of my back up or is there any default place it takes back-ups..

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Wrong.

You need to get your music off using sharepod or expod.

OP, see my other posts on everything you need to do.