How to take care of iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kylera, Jun 3, 2011.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

How do owners of this year's iMacs take care of their Macs? In terms of smudges, dust, etc.

2. branchus macrumors newbie

buy apple care and use the machine as much as you can for the coming three years. after three year, it's time to buy a new one.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How does that have anything at all to do with the OP's question?

4. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

It didn't, it was a typical smarta$$ newbie response.

5. No More Windows macrumors member

I use Sony LCD cleaner gel/spray. It doesn't smudge and works well on the iMac, PC Laptops and our LCD TV. Not cheap, about $40.00 for a 250ml spray bottle but you don't use that much as it comes out in a very fine mist. We've had the same bottle for 3 years and it's about half full... or half empty if you are solely a PC user!! :D

6. Funkbefgh macrumors newbie

I work in electronic retail and sprays like this are exactly what we use with a microfiber cloth.. ours is just office-max brand but it cleans the glass fantastically and it really does last forever. a little goes a long way

7. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Interesting. I should head out to see what people here use and if there's a Korean equivalent of what you use. What about dusting?

8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

For dusting I use a clean cotton t-shirt. For screen cleaning I have the cleaning cloth that came with my 2011 MBP.