How to take off Moshi PalmGuard Trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donga, Nov 24, 2009.

1. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

how do i take off the moshi trackpad protector? i think it's been here for at least three months and have no clue how to get this off. maybe a knife to pull up the edge?

2. capkapak macrumors newbie

That's what I used, a blade to life the edge up and then just peel it right off.

3. donga thread starter macrumors 6502a

donga

alright, managed to pull it off. after getting an edge up, it wasn't too hard

4. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

5. donga thread starter macrumors 6502a

donga

the trackpad lost responsivness. sometimes it'd work fine. other times i would move one finger numerous times and get no response at all. since i've taken it off it's been fine.

thus, i highly recommend the palm guard, i do not recommend putting the trackpad cover on at all.

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Trackpad wear?

7. donga thread starter macrumors 6502a

donga

no. the machine is only 3 months old. the difference was the trackpad is not as sensitive if you have something covering it (e.g. moshi palmguard trackpad protector)

8. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

This happen to me too, i sent them an email stating that my trackpad quit working after a month or so and it worked after i took off the trackpad, they sent me a new one and its worked fine ever since.

9. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

what I've noticed about my trackpad with the moshi cover is that I can't use the center of the trackpad to do the Tap/double tap for drag. I have to tap about 1inch from the top, left, right, or bottom to get that feature.

I did post a new thread if this was common and was asked to do a PRAM reset. I did and samething. The mouse does respond in the middle and the swipe does work.

When I watch the sample video under the trackpad settings in system preference, I do notice the demo finger :) taps in the same area I do.

I have removed the trackpad cover cause I'm avoiding the famous trackpad shiny spot.