How to take off Moshi PalmGuard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Feb 16, 2009.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey all. Just wondering. Does anyone know how to take one of these things off? (Note: please do not let this discourage you from buying their PalmGuard. It is a fantastic product and has protected my MacBook Pro a lot) Though it's given my MacBook Pro good protection, I kinda miss the old finish now, and also I feel that my lid doesn't close right. Anybody know how?

Thanks

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Peel it up with your fingernail- grab it with your hand- and peel it off- its gonna ruin it, but i assume thats not what your worried about. And unless you put it on wrong theres no reason it would make ur lid not work right

3. eldy macrumors 6502

Warm up a corner with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Start peeling back an edge with a credit card or something soft that won't scratch the aluminum. Heat another section with the hair dryer and peel back.

4. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

Get your fingernail? You mean you don't keep them with you? JK! ;)

Yea, use your nail (or thin card) and CAREFULLY peel it off. Keep in mind, once it's off, the adhesive might not be good enough to put it back on.

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

well i think it would stick, but if you bend it past like 170 degrees it discolors the plastic and just messes it up- o yah, and make sure after you take it off to post a thread about how moshi palm guard not leaving residue is a bunch of crap