How to tell 3g ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nikkos, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Nikkos macrumors newbie

heya i just got a ipod touch to replace my iphone my son used as a bath toy the model number is mc086bt is this a 3rd gen touch?

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

3. Nikkos thread starter macrumors newbie

wow ty very much that was a superfast reply is it true there faster than the iphone 3gs?

4. Nikkos thread starter macrumors newbie

nvm looked it up the 8gig dont have upgraded hardware

5. metalhead777 macrumors regular

It's just a new released 8gb iPod Touch 2g. Nothing new except for firmware.

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Out of curiosity, what phone did you get to replace your iPhone? Why not another iPhone?

7. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

No. Same speed as the 3GS. It's possible that the iPod Touch may be perceptually faster, but the hardware is pretty much identical when it comes to the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.

8. Nikkos thread starter macrumors newbie

Tbh I would have loved to have gotten another iPhone but I just didn't have the money so I decided to get the touch so I could still get my money worth out of my apps i paid for really.

I was pay & go before and had no cover on the phone as it was two years old.

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

10. Nikkos thread starter macrumors newbie

O2 as they were the only UK company allow to sell it when i first got the phone. Just wish i had put it somewhere higher so my son could not reach it expensive bath toy

11. Jenkins12 macrumors member

A part of me just died when you said that lol. So what about your mobile phone needs? I assume you didn't use your iPhone for much calls?

12. Nikkos thread starter macrumors newbie

hehe tbh i just mostly used it for listening to music and pod casts, gaming etc. miss it for the super fast txting because of the keyboard tho but am happy with my new touch!