Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I know sounds silly question but I picked up a 4S today but I think it may be a 4 in a 4S box. It was from a proper shop so it may have been packaged in correctly at apple?

Anyway there is no 4 S on the back and when I press the button I get the normal voice control NOT siri??

The camera also looks the same, I thought it would look bigger.

I did set it up over teh cloudby restoring from a previos iphone back up so may be its set it up as a 4??

Any pointers appreciated

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You have to turn on Siri for that to work. In settings, General, if Siri is available you have a 4s.

omar4578

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
SoCal
I know sounds silly question but I picked up a 4S today but I think it may be a 4 in a 4S box. It was from a proper shop so it may have been packaged in correctly at apple?

Anyway there is no 4 S on the back and when I press the button I get the normal voice control NOT siri??

I did set it up over teh cloudby restoring from a previos iphone back up so may be its set it up as a 4??

Any pointers appreciated

i thought the same thing but you will know the difference if you go to

settings>general> siri, if you see siri then you are fine..but if you dont, then you have a problem...

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Is this going to become the new thing along with people thinking one of their speakers is broken on the bottom of their phone?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle

Any pointers appreciated

And they don't put the model on the back.

snapper2323

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
When I line both of mine up the aluminum side piece with volume and mute buttons are different. The 4s has a break right above the mute button, the 4 doesn't. Also the buttons dont line up in the exact same spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.