How to tell Apple to force EA for better support

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by benji888, Sep 27, 2014.

1. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Where do I go on Apple support site to tell them an app I bought from EA was dropped and I can no longer get support. I BOUGHT this app, this is not a free app, yet I have no way to contact EA via their link on iTunes, I just takes me to their website which offers no contact information. It's been deleted from the app store, I cannot rate or get any support. This is such B.S., especially from such a big company! :mad: If it was a small business that went out of business, that's one thing, but this is not right!

Do not buy apps from Electronic Arts, they may drop the app and support for it. It may not work in iOS 8, but, no one will care. The support site offers virtual nothing for new apps either.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I have probably a dozen orphan apps, several of which I paid for. It sucks, but it happens for all platforms.

Apple can't force companies or developers to continue support for an app in perpetuity.

3. declandio, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

declandio macrumors 6502

Likewise... OP you just gotta suck it up and get on with your life. Not worth stressing over. I'm sure it didn't cost you more than a few 'bucks'.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Apple isn't to blame nor should they be forced to make a business support their app(s) with the latest iOS.

Your beef is with EA. If you can't get support from EA, amongst other things, that should be a red flag to look elsewhere for apps. It seems to want to double down on walking on app fire. You get what you deserve doing that.

And by the way, we aren't blind. There is no need to blow up the text. Your point isn't enhanced doing that. It looks stupid.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Speaking as the husband whose wife was sucked into The Sims for years, and who is partly still sucked into it (love you honey), I couldn't agree more. EA is where game franchises go to die.

6. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

Probably no one reading this would understand this, but, it was the original Yahtzee HD for iPad. There isn't a decent replacement for it. I always wanted them to make it so you could play against others like Words With Friends, which could have made more sales, but, instead, they just dropped it. It's a landscape orientation only app. Now, with iOS 8 on my iPad, the initial opening screen is fine, but, as it's loading, it turns 90º to portrait, shrunk up, (nothing changes this, orientation lock, nothing), and the only thing that will function is the Facebook sign in (which really didn't do much...you could play a game and challenge someone to beat your score or something like that, but even that never worked for me.). I don't know what apple did to the OS to cause the app to react this way, but, it sucks. (Yes, I know it's not apple's fault, but, the way the app was written.)

So, you can tell me I just have to suck it up if you want, but, you're just being rude. (FYI "BasicGreatGuy" I have no idea what you were trying to say.)

*But, my post was asking the question, where on Apple's support site do I go to complain about EA?

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

But you didn't ask that question, you ranted and then warned against EA.

I dont have an answer for you, because it's not Apple's responsibility to keep every app supported.

8. DoctorFedora macrumors regular

Why stop at complaining to Apple for EA demonstrating why they're one of America's most hated companies? You may just as well write to your local member of congress, or the president.

9. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

I was so pissed I forgot the "?" at the end of my title, so, I was asking, but, by the time I realized this, it was already posted, can't change the title.

• The app had it's last update in January, but now it's nowhere to be found.

Problem is, they hold the rights to the game, so anything else is a copy and can't be exactly the same. (I grew up playing Yahtzee board game).

10. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Yes you can

You can change the title on your original post. I've had to do it before.

11. azhava macrumors regular

He can, but it won't change the fact that Apple can't do a thing for him in this case. They cannot compel developers to not discontinue apps, or to put them back up after they've made the decision to do so. The OP can complain to anybody he wishes, but the only thing it will accomplish is to waste the time he spends typing the e-mails.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Sure, I agree. He made a statement that was wrong. I was just Educating.

13. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Some EA games are being removed from the App Store

Quite a few games being retired rather than updated to work with iOS8

EA is removing several of its older titles from the App Store, but if you already own these games, you will still be able to play them without interruption.*

As always, we encourage our players to back up their app purchases in iCloud. If you uninstall the app without backing it up on iCloud or iTunes, you may not be able to redownload your game. You can learn how to back up and restore your games from a backup here.

If you purchased one or more of the below games from the App Store, you can install the game on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you have a compatible version of iOS.

Alice: Madness Returns™
    Alice: Madness Returns™
    BATTLESHIP
    BATTLESHIP for iPad
    Bookworm
    CLUE
    CLUE: Secrets & Spies - A Hidden Object Game
    Coconut Dodge
    COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED ALERT™
    COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED ALERT™ for iPad
    Draw Jump HD
    Flight Control HD
    High Caliber Hunting
    Liqua Pop
    Max and the Magic Marker
    Max and the Magic Marker for iPad
    Max and the Magic Marker LITE
    Max and the Magic Marker LITE for iPad
    Mirror's Edge
    Mirror's Edge for iPad
    Mystery Mania
    Need for Speed Shift
    Need for Speed Shift for iPad
    Need For Speed™ Undercover
    Reckless Racing
    Risk
    SHIFT 2 Unleashed
    SHIFT 2 Unleashed for iPad
    The Simpsons Arcade
    The Sims 3 Ambitions
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat™ 3
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat™ 3
    Yahtzee HD
    Zuma's Revenge
    Zuma's Revenge HD

14. saudor macrumors 6502

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You don't complain, you let it go and move on.

Is is in the best interests of EA to update a game that only 5% of the people who bought it still play? No. Especially when they have to hire someone to update the APIs and make it work with the newest versions of whatever SDKs they're using.

Apple doesn't care because it means people have to find new games, and when people invest into those new games, it makes Apple money. It's not like EA took their entire catalogue off the App Store.

I don't think EA alienates customers on purpose, they are in the business of making games and trends change really quickly in the mobile space. At the very beginning, it was very easy to sell us Monopoly, Scrabble, and Sims, but now that's not the case.

It is reasons like yours that I choose to buy Android versions of games.