how to tell if 3GS is unlocked?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reminis, May 23, 2011.

1. reminis macrumors member

I have an extra 3GS that i bought unlocked with 6.15.00 BB. I did a Restore on the phone and had to re-jailbreak it. It still has 4.2.1 with 6.15.00 but before I sell it I want to know if its still unlocked?

I jailbroke it with Redsnow, and I have AT&T now and no need for the 6.15.00 3GS since I have another 3GS thats just JB with 4.3.3.

Any help is appreciated

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

Almost positive you have to restore using custom firmware when on the iPad baseband. Did you not do that?

3. reminis thread starter macrumors member

yes I did. Custom 4.2.1

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Install Ultrasnow, borrow someone's Tmobile sim and see. Also, see if GPS still works. And, you probably want to mention you are using the iPad hacked when you sale in case the buyer complains about it.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You will have to re-install Ultrasn0w after you've restored to the custom IPSW.

Also, it is important to tell your customer that it's on the iPad baseband and that they will not be able to restore or upgrade (I don't explain custom firmware since it's confusing to the average person). Usually customers are okay with this, and it's important to always be honest. I do iPhone repair in my town and you have no idea how many people come to me saying they've bought an iPhone 3G or 3Gs unlocked and after they restored it "it simply didn't work anymore".

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The phone will stay unlocked with the iPad bb until apple releases a bb that's higher than 6.15.