How to tell if an iPhone is unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dave Felix, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

What's up Guys?

So check this out.. I paid off my AT&T next program (iPhone 6 Plus) and picked up the iPhone 6S Plus.

I have submitted the request for my phone to be unlocked to AT&T. I have another iPhone 5 32GB that I wanted to sell as well. How do I know if this is unlocked or not? I got a notification on iTunes stating an iPhone was unlocked, but I don't remember which one since I had three plugged in. If I restore again, will I get the notification again?

The network says "Not available" but there's an AT&T chip inside the iPhone 5 whereas the iPhone 6 Plus says AT&T. I just wanted to know if there are ways to find out if an iPhone is unlocked?

2. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I restored the iPhone 5 32GB again and got this message. I thought you had to request your iPhone to be unlocked.. looks like its already unlocked and that means I can sell to any carrier correct?

[​IMG]

3. selina_miller macrumors newbie

The easiest way is to obtain an extra SIM card, from a various network to your current supplier, and try it in your phone. A couple of minutes after transforming the SIM cards-- you must reboot your apple iphone to ensure-- you will certainly see the new network name in the condition bar if your phone is unlocked. If your phone is locked, you'll obtain a pop-up error asking you to insert a legitimate SIM card.

4. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

thanks I will keep this for next time - I sold the iPhone and told the guy it was unlocked.. he never texted me afterwards so I'm assuming its okay.