How to Tell if iPhone Unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Sep 18, 2016.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Just wondering how to tell if your phone is unlocked without having to put a different sim in? Is there somewhere in settings that tells you? Thanks.

2. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Not sure there is something in the phone, but you can probably just ask your carrier.

3. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

Using a different SIM or ask your Carrier, I don't think there is any other option or something in the phone that can tell you if unlocked.

4. beach bum macrumors member

beach bum

Just put a call into Apple, and they can confirm if your phone is unlocked. I'm with AT&T under the grandfathered plan, and they confirmed that my new 6s (newly released upgraded 32gb model) is unlocked. 2 minute phone call.

5. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

6. ATC macrumors 6502a

When I went to set up my new 7 a couple of days ago on my mac (using iTunes), a message came up at some point during the restore (can't recall when exactly) that said something to the effect "Congratulations, you're iPhone is unlocked". I purchased mine from the Apple Store in Canada - when you buy them there at full price (no carrier subsidy) all of them are permanently unlocked.