How to tell if Leopard is near gold..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rmeyer52, Oct 3, 2007.

1. rmeyer52 macrumors newbie

1. They release the final update to Tiger.

2. The issue with new iMac's freezing is resolved with a software update.

3. Final release candidate sent to developers or avail for download

Once all these things are done figure two weeks to hit the shelves. My guess is still late October for a release date but that could be pushed to November it the "freezing" issue becomes more widespread.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I, too, am waiting for 10.4.11 for the hopeful fix to MacBook Airport issues. We may get a 10.4.11 update after Leopard is released, however.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It is possible that 10.4.11+ could be released after Leopard :rolleyes:

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The only one of those that would indicate that Leopard was near would be number three. The others are nothing too do with Leopard and are most likely handled by a different team.

5. theman macrumors 6502a

when will leopard ship on new computers? let's say the official announcement of release is made, hypothetically on october 26th. when would it start shipping on new computers? right away? when will it be available in stores? will there be an official announcement? i have no clue.

also, if you order a computer within 14 days of the release, will there be a discount, like it only costs 19.99 or something like that?

6. Trout74 macrumors 6502

also curious on all of this!

7. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Computers start shipping with Leopard the day it is released. In Apple retail stores, models that don't have Leopard already installed will have upgrade discs dropped in their packaging.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Once the official announcment of the shipping date then every new computer sold between then and the shipping date will most likely only have to pay shipping to get Leopard. usually they announce the new OS a few weeks before it is available in stores and that will be said when the announcement is.

9. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

I think you are right...

is it just me or has Apple gotten sloppy over the past couple of years. I think they've got too much to handle but they definitely need to resolve some of these minor issues before trying to push another sloppy (and over rated) release on the public.
    let's hope they can get it together.;)

10. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Where does anyone say anything about Apple getting sloppy? Stay on track.

The only one of these three that will indicate anything about Leopard is the third one.

11. pcorajr macrumors 6502

I am currently using leopard and i feel like the os is very complete. That does not mean that everything is going to work as planned. Within 3 days of using leopard i found out that 5 applications do not work correctly. Drivers for my Mouse are not stable. Of course I am not blaming this on the OS but it sure seems like Software needs to be updated to run on leopard.