How to tell if you are eligible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rxl125, Jul 1, 2008.

1. rxl125 macrumors regular

I bought a refurbished iphone from att in March. I recently sold it... When I log into our family plan account, and click on upgrade phones, it gives me a bunch of phones to upgrade, but I don't see anything for the iphone? How can I tell if I am eligible?
    Am I eligible?

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

if it says you're eligible for upgrade you can upgrade to any phone (including the iphone)

3. rxl125 thread starter macrumors regular

so if I see a bunch of phones to upgrade, then I'm good?

4. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

The lines that are eligible for upgrade correspond to the phone that the person is currently using. If your phone isn't eligible u cant upgrade. If you mom's phone is eligible she can upgrade, If your dad's phone is eligible he can upgrade. If your phone isn't eligible but everyone else's is...well then u can't upgrade.

5. ceiph macrumors regular

ok i guess thats kinda my problem, my phone cant upgrade till november, but my sisters can, from what i can tell theres no issues with using her upgrade and just sticking my sim card in the phone, but! with atts pricing and how they make it so you have to have a data plan im not sure how this could work unless the store manager understands my ideas....

6. rxl125 thread starter macrumors regular

i sold my iphone, yet I'm still paying for it... My razor is actually showing up...

7. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

I was also told that Blackberry owners could switch without penalty regardless of where they are in their contract. I guess this is a ploy to get RIM customers on the Apple bandwagon.