How to tell iTunes I'm done with a podcast

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by malyita, Sep 11, 2008.

1. malyita macrumors newbie

Is there a way to mark a podcast as done only part way through. I'm using the latest version of iTunes and an iPhone, and I have them set to sync only unplayed episodes. It's great that now if I'm part way through a podcast when I sync it stays on my iPhone, but what about when I don't want it to anymore? I decide that episode is boring, I accidentally restarted one I had listened to, or I don't want to listen to the ad at the end. At the moment, I have to try and fast forward until there are just a few seconds left and let those play out. If I scroll too far and it goes all the way to the end it remembers where I was when I started fast forwarding when I sync, but if I go immediately back to the episode and try again it is at the beginning. If I hit the skip button, same thing. I need a "I'm done with this podcast now" button. Is there a way?

Thanks.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You can't just right-click and select 'Mark as Not New'?

3. malyita thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have been more clear. I want something I could do on my iPod or iPhone as I'm listening so it will sync properly without me messing around with it later.