How to test MS Office 08 on Public Beta?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by KUguardgrl13, Jul 28, 2014.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Hello! I'm new to beta testing, but I successfully installed Yosemite PB1 on a second partition on my 2009 MBP (not my main machine, don't worry ;)). I'd like to test MS Office 2008 which is installed on my main Mavericks partition. I tried opening it in Finder on my Yosemite partition, but it just opens the installer. Unfortunately I don't have a Time Machine backup of my main partition to sync with (long story short I used my Time Machine to restore my new rMBP, and it no longer works with my old MBP). Any suggestions? I might have another install key lying around, but I'd rather not have to use it just for a beta test. I should say that it's not crucial that I get this to work (I use MS Office 2011 on my main machine), but I'm curious to see if Microsoft has updated it. Thanks!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

For Office 2008, the product keys are computer-specific and you can safely use the same key inside different OSes on the same computer. In any case, the keys don't get "used up" so don't be afraid to enter one :)