iPhone How to tether/hotspot with iPhone 5 on AT&T?

codeman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hello! I've got unlimited data on AT&T and an iPhone 5. I'm wondering what the easiest way is to tether my iPhone 5 when I occasionally need it? I'd prefer not to Jailbreak, but I don't know if there are other options. Possibly tether.com? Looking for any input!

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Hello! I've got unlimited data on AT&T and an iPhone 5. I'm wondering what the easiest way is to tether my iPhone 5 when I occasionally need it? I'd prefer not to Jailbreak, but I don't know if there are other options. Possibly tether.com? Looking for any input!
There aren't any other options. Jailbreak or pay ATT.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
No jb for the iPhone 5 until who knows when. If you want to tether you gotta pay the piper (AT&T).

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
I wouldn't if I were you.

They can remove your plan for good if they catch on.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
You have to be in a mobile share plan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.