How to track login attempts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gideon1961, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Gideon1961 macrumors newbie

All,

I'm new to the forum and have found many helpful tips and tricks here for my touch, thank you.

What I'm looking for is way to see a login log. I thought I saw such a feature when I first got my touch, back in 1.1.1 prior to to jailbreaking even. I bring my touch to work with me and it stays on my desk during times when I am away. I dont have fear of theft, its a small office and I trust my coworkers, however I would like to know if someone is attempting to log onto it. I have passcode enabled. I could have sworn the log I'm referring to would log failed as well successful logins.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what do you mean by logins? you do not login to the touch, unless you mean log in via ssh/ftp

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

From what I understand of the OP's question he/she is referring to the 'pass code lock' functionality of the iPod touch and wishes to know if there is a service or setting within iPod touch that would allow him to see a log of successful or failed attempts when entering the set 4 digit pass code in, in order to unlock the device.

As of now there is no way to see this information, unfortunately.

R-Fly

4. Gideon1961 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are correct razo, thats exactly what I'm talking about.

I must have been dreaming, thought there was such a feature.

A third party app maybe, after I jalbroke and loaded apps?

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

top of my head I cant think of any 3rd party jailbroken apps, good place to ask would be ipodtouchfans.com forums they know alot about whats goin on in the jailbreak community and the like