How to trade for 3G model?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Praxis91, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Praxis91, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I bought my 32gb Wifi only online at launch and I love it, but I think I should upgrade to the 3G model for my needs... do I have to go through the apple site and physically ship to them, or can I go into an apple store, verizon, best buy, etc and swap it for the 3G with Verizon?

Or if anyone wants to pay cash in the Princeton, NJ area.. lol

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

You should be able to upgrade at your local Apple store. Just call to confirm before you make the trip, it will be while before they have a unit to swap. You might consider selling your iPad 2 directly and then purchasing a 3G model or ordering one but again it will be 4-5 weeks before it arrives, well beyond your return / upgrade period.

Just another key point there is not a iPad 2 3G Verizon Model. The AT&Tmodel is the 3G with a Micro-SIM. The Verizon unit is not GSM and can't be used on any network but Verizon unless you cout the WiFi capability.

Dave

3. tbayrgs, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Of course there is a Verizon 3G model of the iPad 2--the 3G has nothing to do with GSM but rather denotes the "3rd generation" of mobile wireless technology. For Verizon, this is EV-DO while for AT&T it's UMTS/HSPA.

An even simplier way to show you are mistaken---take a look at the item description for a Verizon unit on any website selling them.

Attached Files: