How to transfer apps from iPad to iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Denis54, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Denis54 macrumors member

I will likely sell my iPad and get an iPad 2 3G.

What will happen to my apps?

Will I have to reinstall them one by one or will I be able to reinstall all of them by syncing the new iPad 2 with iTunes?

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Before you sell your iPad, plug it into iTunes. Then, in the left hand column, right click on your iPad's name and select "transfer purchases". This will move all your apps into iTunes. Once that's complete, I would also suggest right clicking again on your iPad's name and this time selecting "backup" to backup all your settings and such. Once both of these actions are complete, you can wipe your iPad and sell it. Once you get your iPad 2, just plug it into iTunes and have it sync all your apps at once.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sync and backup your iPad one final time then do a hard factory reset. That will wipe your entire iPad, including all your personal data, Apple ID info, web history, cache, etc.

When you get your new iPad iTunes will ask you if you want to use a previous backup or start from fresh. Choose the backup from your previous iPad and it will install everything as it was (including folders).

4. Denis54 thread starter macrumors member