How to transfer apps from PC to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by substeel, Jun 28, 2010.

1. substeel macrumors member

I have been syncing my previous two iphones with my PC Lap top. I would like to start syncing my IP4 with my Mac Mini. I currently use my mini to sync my Ipad and use a different set of apps on each device. What is the best way to get my app collection from my PC to the Mac and start using my favorite apps?

I initially thought Home Sharing would be useful for this but HS looks like it's mostly made for sharing music and videos.

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just back up all the IPA files in the iTunes\Mobile Applications folder on your PC into a flash drive, then drag all of them into the iTunes application on your Mac.

3. celticpride678

Go to your iTunes folder and copy the mobile applications folder to the new computer.

Make sure that your new computer is authorized with the iTunes Store account that you used to download those apps.

4. substeel thread starter macrumors member

I have these two computers shared and just tried a test of dragging one of the ipa files from the PC mobile apps folder to the mac apps folder. It automatically placed the file in a folder called previous iTunes Libraries. It will not copy to the Mobile Applications folder on the mac and does not show up in the itunes apps list.

5. substeel thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys

Dragging from a jump drive directly into iTunes worked. Thanks for your help guys.