how to transfer bookmarks from one browser to another?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seablue, Sep 3, 2008.

1. seablue macrumors regular

Can someone tell me how to transfer bookmarks from Firefox on over to Safari?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Safari 1.1: Importing Bookmarks From Other Browsers

The first time you open Safari, it automatically imports your favorites from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and Mozilla.

At this time, Safari cannot directly import bookmarks from other web browsers. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your Bookmarks Library.

Note: The information in this document comes from Safari Help, the help system included with your Safari browser.

3. Sir Loin Steak macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

Hi, first post on this iMac (I love it!).

My bookmarks are sat on my now not-connected to the web laptop with xp, running Firefox.

I'm now using Safari, FWIW.

How do I get my bookmarks over from the laptop to here? Send an email with them in? Use Firfefox on the iMac, at least for now?

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

You can back the bookmarks up to HTML in Firefox.

Can't remember where the setting is in Windows Firefox, but its there. Once imported, stick them on USB, move to new Mac, Import by going Firefox > Bookmarks > Organise > Little Star drop down > Import HTML

5. Illicit macrumors 6502

Go to Firefox Bookmarks -> Organize bookmarks -> Icon on the top right -> Export HTML.

Then just go to whatever browser you want them on and import the HTML file.