How to transfer Explorer favourites to Safari.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by novetan, Sep 4, 2010.

1. novetan macrumors 6502

2 questions:

1) I've gone thru almost all the basic tutorials for 1st time Mac user but cannot find anywhere about transfering Explorer favourites to Safari.

2) Maybe seems stupid to ask but yet again not listed in the basic tutorial. Can the normal mouse for windows (left and right click type) use for Mac?

Thanks

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Normal mice can be used on macs, at least most of them can (I've only ran into like 1 that doesn't read). The guy at the source tried to tell me the right click didn't work but not sure why, it does.

As far as changing favorites, there is no way that I know. If you were converting from say firefox to firefox it's easy but regardless of switching from PC to mac, you are trying to change browsers and I doubt they use the same coding. Might have to just re-add them like I did when i switched from FF to Safari, sorry.

Welcome to mac BTW :D

3. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Aces,

Anyone still can offer help on switching favourites.

4. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've done it a few times, it's much easier than you might think. Just get a flash drive or external hard drive, drop your Favorites folder from the PC onto it, then plug that into your Mac. Open Safari and pull up the Bookmarks view, then drag and drop the entire folder into Safari. It'll recognize the files and add them as bookmarks, including all of your previous organization (folders, not necessarily order).

jW

6. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502