How to transfer files to iphone from computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adeel007, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Adeel007 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I just purchased an iphone 5 and I'm trying to bring my files over to it such as video, pictures and music from my computer but I can't seem to be able to. It's my first time using itunes and I'm really confused by it. If anyone has a link which explains it would be really helpful. Thanks.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

All content must first be imported into your iTunes library. Once imported, you plug in your phone, select it from the pane on the left and then go through each tab at the top of the screen and choose what content you want to sync over.

3. Hovercraft123 macrumors newbie

Try this!

You could use "Phoneview" from Ecamm. It can be purchased at ww.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/ for $29.95. I think it can be lot cheaper if you were to get their bundle though.
    I have been using this quite frequently to transfer any pictures, videos and notes stored in my iPhone or iPad to my Mac. Using this would circumvent the necessity to use iTunes.
    Their "PadSync" too has user-friendly features that is far much better than what iTunes can offer at this time. Try it! It really comes in handy when you need it :cool:

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The OP is trying to sync content from their computer to their iPhone, not the other way around. Besides, that sounds like a waste of money when iTunes does all of that for free as it is.

5. W4Win macrumors newbie

Authorize the computer with apple ID.
    Drag and drop files from computer to iTunes library.
    Then plug the iPhone in computer.
    Choose what you need from iTunes library.
    Click "File" ---> "Sync device name"
    The files should transfer to your device.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm still using iTunes 10. Not sure if any differences in iTunes 11.:apple:

6. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

@Adeel007 - i'll teach you how to do it for half the price! ;)
    joking. its easy bud! just follow the steps some members have posted. there are tons of video tutorials on youtube. it can get a bit confusing if ur very new to itunes but once u get the hang of it n do it a couple of times, its a breeze! let me know if u need help, after following the steps the members above posted.