HOW to transfer HD from Sony cx700v PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rhandle, Jul 16, 2011.

1. rhandle macrumors newbie

I finally bought my dream HD camcorder .I didnt realize i would have a problem transfering to the pre unibody(2007) MBPRO. Output inputs as follows
    MBPro hdr-cxr700v

firewire800 hdmi out,usb out,and headphones
    firewire400
    usb
    DVI
    express card

I found an express card with mini hdmi in at motu.com but i dont think it would be guarunteed to be compatable with my MBP.I want to b able to use final cut.IS THERE ANY ONE HERE THAT CAN BRAINSTORM A WAY TO TRANSFER THE HD FILES to my macbook pro THANK YOU SO MUCH

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You copy the camera's whole file structure to your hard drive, then use Log and Capture in Final Cut.
    Connect the cam via USB.

Question: Is your MBP Intel or PPC? If the latter is the case, you can't work with the footage from that cam. PPC doesn't support AVCHD.

That HDMI thingy is for output only. You won't be able to stream footage into your Mac.

3. simsaladimbamba

An MBP is Intel only, as the PPC equivalent was called "PowerBook (G4)" and was discontinued in 2005, as 2006 was the year Apple released the MBP and the OP purchased its MBP in 2007.

4. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

If your using iMovie, just start iMovie and plug the camera in via USB. Turn on the camera and the iMovie importer should open up. That's how it works with my HD AVCHD camcorder.

5. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem...

I got a Sony 560v Camcorder, AVCHD. The log and transfer worked a few time on final cut express, of course when it did I only got some footage. So I would use iMovie for the import, then get it to final cut. Though I have much better success with FCX and Adobe Premiere Pro.
    I'm not sure how my final cut express got messed up for log and transfer since I didn't mess with the setting after it worked, so iMovie became my import for a bit.
    Not sure how you feel about FCX, I have mixed feelings, I can say for sure that it takes AVCHD files much better then final cut, granted it's supposed to.