Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcrum23

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2013
Let's say you write a note on your Ipad. Then you want to use this very note on your macbook (mountain lion) but unfortunately you have no internet connection available at this moment.

Normally, you could just plug in the Ipad using a USB cable and sync Notes via Itunes. However, I've read that this is now impossible because you can only sync Notes via Icloud (requiring an internet connection).

So you really can't sync note if you have no internet? :confused:

Is there some note-taking app that could sync via USB?
If not, how can I simply transfer text files from the Ipad to my macbook via USB?

Thanks you :)

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Hi Mcrum... - as you stated, a cabled connection does not seem to be possible on the native iPad (cannot comment on one that is jailbroken?).

Wireless external HDs or portable routers w/ wireless features seem to coming out more frequently - you might need to do some searching and/or await comments from other members who may have solved this issue.

Good luck & looking forward to some potential solutions - Dave :)

mcrum23

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2013
In case someone google up this thread, I might have found a solution:
http://www.textasticapp.com/

It's a text editor that (should) sync via Itunes, thus enabling offline notes transfert. However I cannot confirm it effectively work since I bought an android Tablet (galaxy tab, used in conjunction with Jota), which is working super well :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.