How to transfer notes to iPhone4S without jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ShionoyaTamaki, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

My friend has a cracked iPhone4 and I am letting them borrow my iPhone4S for a few days. They have tons of notes on their iphone4.

How do i copy their notes onto the my iPhone4S without restoring from their backups? I don't want to overwrite my 4S stuff, just obtain their notes for their need.

In the past I was able to transfer notes from a jailbroken device by copying the notes.idx & notes.sqlite file over. But the iPhone4S has no jailbreak yet.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. ShionoyaTamaki, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

These are two separate phones. Iphone4 & 4S.
    how do i use itune to sync my friends notes over without losing my own phone data?

If i do a restore from my friend's iphone4, it will overwrite my stuff on the 4S.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

correct the notes are part of the whole phones backup

do you care if you lose your notes?

if not use the smae icloud account on both and only turn ON Notes, that might work

5. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

My friend's iphone4 doesn't have iOS5 with icloud support. I don't think untethered jailbreak is available yet for ios5.

However. I found a workaround. I was forced to find a computer with MSOutlook to sync the notes via itunes. Annoying but it worked.

I'm a google docs user primarily so i don't even have Outlook installed let alone MSOffice.