How to transfer number from 3gs to 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LifeIsBigger, Oct 7, 2012.

1. LifeIsBigger macrumors newbie

I have recently upgraded to the iPhone 5 and was going to give my daughter my old iPhone 4. She has been using a 3gs.
    I had her create a clean back up of her 3gs and then wiped my old 4 clean. After going through the set up with the 4 and transferring her backup to it...I realized that her number didn't transfer and that the data connection hasn't been enabled. Obviously SIM cards are different sizes but is there any way I can transfer her number to the 4 or do I need to go to AT&T to have them do this? (I really don't want to go into the store.... )

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

All you need to do is transfer the SIM cards, unless US carriers work different which is possible. That's all I had to do.

3. LifeIsBigger thread starter macrumors newbie

The SIM card in the 3gs is the older large SIM card...the 4 has a much smaller SIM card.

I guess my question is how to transfer info from the old SIM card to the new one.....

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will either have to go to AT&T and have them give you a microsim with her phone number so it will fit in the iphone 4 or you can cut her normal size sim into microsim size yourself.