How to transfer photos and video from Samsung Galaxy S5 to iPhoto on Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Killwin98, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Killwin98 macrumors member

Jan 24, 2013

I just bought the newest Macbook Air, but I can't transfer my media directly to iPhoto.

After installing the Android File Transfer I am able to view my files and the DCIM folder, and I can transfer the files manually to the desktop (when using MTP mode). When switching to PTP mode the iPhoto loads after about 1 minute (while it loads right away when connecting iphone or ipad), it recognizes the camera, but is stuck forever on loading and I can't see any files.

What can I do except switching to iPhone or back to PC/parallels...which is not an option now?

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Sep 14, 2012
    Surely once you get your photos on the desktop, you can point iPhoto at them there?
  3. Killwin98 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 24, 2013
    Obviously it's not an optimal solution. Any way to connect it directly to iPhoto like it does with iPhone?
  4. Killwin98 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 24, 2013
    I heard about AirDroid. I want to transfer with a cable since it's faster, but it appears that right now AirDroid would give the best solution.

If anyone would come up with a better solution I would appreciate it! Thanks!
  5. damidget macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Edit: Using AFT copy the files and paste them into your pictures folder.
    They should show up in iPhoto
  6. Rulu macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2015
    I've tried a lot ways. AirMore is my favorite. I'm obsessive with its clean interface. AirDroid and Pushbullet are fine, too.