Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4miler

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
I need to transfer photos from an iPad onto a computer, and I have access to a friend's Mac.

The Apple website provides instructions here

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

however, it just says to connect the iPad to the Mac, and I have no idea how to do that.

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions that do not assume any prior knowledge, e.g. I need to know how to connect the iPad to the Mac (Apple's instructions assume that newbies would know how to do that).

Also, it is a friend's Mac, and I would prefer to have a simple way of transferring the photos, rather than using iTunes, since I would prefer not to meddle with my friend's iTunes settings for his own computer.

John Benitez

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
Follow these instructions below:

• Turn your PC and iPad on.
• Connect your iPad with your PC.
• Open iTunes and select "Photos" under iPad.
• Click and drag the desired photos to your desktop and it will be transferred to your PC

Regards,

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Follow these instructions below:

• Turn your PC and iPad on.
• Connect your iPad with your PC.
• Open iTunes and select "Photos" under iPad.
• Click and drag the desired photos to your desktop and it will be transferred to your PC

Step 3 is wrong. Don't open iTunes, open My Computer. If there are any pictures on the iPad that can be copied to a computer, then iPad will show up as a removable drive. Drill down through the folders until you see the pictures, then drag and drop to where you want them on your PC.

Also, connect to a PC/Mac means plug the connection cable that came with the iPad into your iPad, then plug the other end into a USB port on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.