How to transfer photos from Iphone to new Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by simoneb, Sep 10, 2010.

1. simoneb macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I burnt my old laptop,which was an acer and my iphone was synced to that and now i cant sync it with my new macbook as all the photos will be wiped out. I dont mind the songs and applications being wiped out because i have it in my itunes account.I would like to know a faster way to go about this as i have like 3000 pictures on my camera roll. :)

Please help. Thank you!:):)

2. Resist macrumors 68030

You should be able to drop and drap camera roll data directly to your computer, after connecting the iphone to the computer via USB. Then put them in a folder and designate that location for the sync back to your iPhone Photo Library.

But if you want them back in the Camera Roll you can email them to your iPhone from your computer. This is time consuming but works.

If those pictures are in your Photo Library (which requires a sync in iTunes), you can email them from the iPhone to the new computer, in order to get them off the iPhone and on to this computer without having to do a sync.