How to transfer purchased music from iphone to itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mr miyagi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. mr miyagi macrumors member

sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum but wonder if anyone can help?

Is it possible to remove a purchased music file which i bought on itunes through my iphone from my iphone?

I ask this, because when I sync my iphone to itunes I ask it to sync only a certain play list, but the music file is still on my iphone the one I purchased.

When I connect my iphone to itunes, underneath my iphone on the left handside, i can see the the Purchased symbol and it shows my music file, which I want to delete of my handset but this is in gray but does not delete. How can I do this?

as I do not want my purchased music file on my iphone anymore and want it only on itunes?

thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

To remove songs from your iphone you have to unsync them. Do this by deselecting the playlists from the music tab when you connect your iphone.

3. mr miyagi thread starter macrumors member

hi
    i am pretty sure i did this. because when i connected my iphone to itunes, i picked a playlist which i made, which did not contain the purchased songs on my iphone. I then synced itunes with the iphone and the purchased songs still showed in my iphone. When I clicked under the purchase tab under my iphone which is under devices it showed the 2 songs which were purchased but were grayed out??

i am not infront of my computer at the moment, but will try it later though, but it should be simple enough to do this right?