Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlesJS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
So I have 16 ringtones in .m4r format, but when I try to drag them in to the ringtones section in iTunes, it shows a minus sign.....

I tried going to File / Add Files, then selected those tones, but I cannot find them neither in tones or in the normal music library

how do I do this?

Last edited:

sirghost

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
So I have 16 ringtones in .m4r format, but when I try to drag them in to the ringtones section in iTunes, it shows a minus sign.....

I tried going to File / Add Files, then selected those tones, but I cannot find them neither in tones or in the normal music library

how do I do this?

Following these steps will quickly create a ringtone that you are happy with and which you made on your own. After creating it, it’s time to transfer it.

1. Go back to Finder or or Windows Explorer, and double click on the .m4r file you created. This tone will be automatically moved to your iTunes library.
  2. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
  3. Click Device tab from the upper left corner, click on the “Tones” option on the left menu.
  4. Check “Sync Tones” and select the tone you created just now.
  5. Click on “Apply” to begin syncing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.