Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattDell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
London, UK
I bought season 4 of Mad Men on my new iPad 2 thinking it would automatically transfer once I connected it to my Mac, but no dice. For iPhone music it does this and creates a folder "Songs purchased on your iPhone"

Can you do this with iPad? I don't see the option in iTunes.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Just login to your apple account in iTunes on your Mac and you should be able to download it right there.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
You don't even have to bother with transferring from one device to another. You can download and re-download TV shows directly in iTunes. It's all in the cloud now. I'm not at my computer so I can't remember exactly where you go, but just log into iTunes and then click on the Purchased tab in the left pane. Or you can just search for the show again and download. The button should say Download rather than Buy.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Many thanks - I can't understand why this isn't more obvious on itunes.

More obvious? When you plug it in it will automatically download new purchases to iTunes. Of not, you can use the 'transfer purchases' option, or you can just download straight from the iTunes 'purchased' section, or you can use iCloud, and have it auto download purchases when you buy them on any of your devices...

How many options would you like?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.