How to transfer unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ender17, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Ender17 macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2005
    If I want to sell my iPad, is there a way to transfer the unlimited data plan to the buyer?
  2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2008
    No, not really. The data account is tied to the microsim. To transfer you need to give the new owner the microsim, your email and password, and then they have access to the information you have entered. Not something you should do.
  3. rworne macrumors 6502

Jul 23, 2002
    I never tried this, but can't the OP just delete all the payment info and change the contact info and email address?

If they were really paranoid, they could call their credit card company and request a card with a new number so there was no chance of the new owner somehow getting AT&T to bill "the old card on file". It's prepaid, so it's not like AT&T will let the new owner rrun up a bill then go looking for OP.
  4. headset macrumors member

Dec 24, 2007
    Yeah you can do it. I'm using my friend's sim right now. Just changed the payment deets to mine and it automatically charged me the next month. Seamless.
  5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2008
    Like you said it can't be deleted, but it can be changed. But that requires the new buyer to give the seller all their information. Unless it's a friend that's not likely.
  6. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Mar 20, 2010
    Or they could set up a temporary email for it and password. Then delete your CC info hand it to the new owner to enter theirs. Then the can change the email and contact info.