How To transfer you iPhoto files?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mushr00m, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mushr00m macrumors newbie

Hi Gentleman!

I've a lots of photos on my iPhoto (Leopard) and i want to transfer everything for my PC. So what's the best way to do it? just find the files on the user/pictures clicking on the view package content and go to "originals" folder or it have kind of easiest import/export way? second question on PC which program do you recommend to use to organize photos(ie picasa,ACDsee any good suggestion is welcome)?

Thanks in advance!

2. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

Just going into the package contents and copying the original files should be the quickest way as it also has all of them split into folders with the names of albums or events in iPhoto. Not sure about what to use on the PC though.

3. celticpride678

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You should select all the albums/photos you would like to transfer over and go to: File>Export... And export them in .JPG format.

As for the poto organizer, I feel like Picasa is one of the best out there.

4. Bunker macrumors member

Easiest way is to select all photos and go to File --> Export.

Then select original size and original name.

The problem with such method will be videos in iPhoto. They will not be exported properly.

Alternative is like what's mentioned. Locate your iPhoto library, right click and select "Show Package Content". Copy the folder "Originals" to somewhere where you can move the files to PC.

5. AndyMoore macrumors 6502

AndyMoore

VIew package contents and copy over the files from the originals folder is definitely the best way to go, especially if you have RAW photos or videos in your album. Also, JPG is a lossy format and, although I'm not 100% positive, if you export them as JPG there will be a slight, emphasis on slight, loss of quality as the photos will run through the JPG compression again.