How to trick iPhone into thinking its being charged (PLEASE HELP!!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eric099, Jan 1, 2011.

1. eric099 macrumors newbie

(Long story short) my iphone has a problem but the only way of fixing it (through my understanding) is by somehow tricking my iphone into thinking its being charged without it actually being plugged into an electrical outlet. Is there any software or hardware that will make my iphone do this?

Hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance :D

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't know of anything, but you might have better success posting what your actual problem is. There are a lot of folks here with tons of experience and they may have faced a similar problem and know a solution for you.

3. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

There might be some tweek, but it's better if you explain what the real problem is.

4. eric099 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay then, the real problem to my iphone is that the screen keeps turning on by itself and its extremely annoying and it drains my battery life. Ive noticed that when my iphone is being charged, the screen does not turn on by itself. so if there is someway to trick the iphone into thinking its being charged, then the screen will stop from turning on by itself

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I don't have my iPhone on me right now, but I'm pretty sure that you can go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock and set it to "never", therefore preventing the screen from turning itself off.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you might have some hardware issue or water damage.
    That would not be fixable thru software.

7. eric099 thread starter macrumors newbie

well in that case, is there any tweek that will trick my iphone into thinking its being charged?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No

9. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Have you tried a complete reset, how about taking it back to apple?

10. eric099 thread starter macrumors newbie

i haven't taken it back to apple because i have my iphone jailbroken. and how do you preform a "complete reset"?

11. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

Plug it into itunes and hit restore (please note I have no idea if you need a carrier unlock or anything like that nor do i know what your current fw build is you are using) but by doing this it will be back to normal.