how to turn back to 10.7.1 from 10.7.2

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by UKBeast, Oct 14, 2011.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

i am running temperature issues with the new update, wanna turn back to 10.7.1 i do not have back up on time machine what can i do ?

2. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Live with it. It's not making my mac heat up, what are you running right now?

3. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

Talk about a useless reply.

I had internet issues with 10.7.2 iCloud must've messed up on install, and i couldn't get iTunes, safari, mail or the appstore to work.

I reinstalled 10.7 (u can do this from the Lion Recovery <Command+R on startup> or from Lion Install disk <if u made one>)

Mind u that the Lion Recovery will prompt u to redownload and install Lion.

This will get u all the way to 10.7, i then downloaded 10.7.1 from apple site and installed.

4. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

Have you compared your temps to your CPU usage and fan activity? That probably would be a good idea as high temps can mean a variety of things.

5. weex23 macrumors newbie

securityd and hiutil

since 10.7.2 specifically whenever i use fast user switching to go into my "guest" account which is not password protected: always securityd and sometimes hiutil hog 100% of the cpu. so far the only way i can find to stop this crap is by logging out the guest account.

do you use fast user switching?

so use activity monitor or what i prefer is "top -u" in command line to see WHAT processes are hogging CPU.

6. kwikdeth macrumors 6502a

i need to roll back to 10.7.1 as well, i am having massive issues with 10.7.2... primarily, when scrolling in almost any app, the entire screen goes nuts... pieces of graphic elements move all over the screen and everything becomes illegible. also quicktime will not play any movies at all anymore. it play and it sits there. you can see the play icon momentarily changing to play then back to pause. the graphics thing is the worst though, its making the machine almost unusable. also, when i try to take a screen shot of it, the entire screen shot comes out black. i had to take a picture of it with the iPhone....

Attached Files:

7. kwikdeth macrumors 6502a

and the nightmare that becomes the apple store...

Attached Files:

8. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Have you tried repairing permissions after updating?

9. Kanunu macrumors 6502

Way too often

Ever since I installed 10.7.2 I have been repairing permissions every time my computer locks up which is at least once an hour. I tried repairing permissions back to back and found that the second time the list was identical. Could Disc Utility be failing to do what it says it is doing?

If I can't resolve this soon, I will take the above advice and reinstall 10.7 or maybe even SL.

BTW it gets really tiresome when fanboys reply "Where's the problem, my Lion works fine" This Forum is full of Lion failures. Just because they did not happen to you does not mean they are not real.

10. iMikeT macrumors 68020

This makes me curious what your system specs are. It looks like you have an MacBook Pro, correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, it's obvious that you're running Lion on a Mac that can more than handle it, so that's more than likely not the issue.

I'm also assuming that you upgraded to Lion on top of Snow Leopard. Which also means that you were probably upgrading from something you were using for a while without first wiping the drive clean then installing OS X from scratch. I hate to say it, but a clean install might be your best bet at this point.

I know what you mean about people blindly defending Lion simply because it works fine for them. Many of us, myself included, have been experiencing issues with Lion from the initial 10.7 release. While some issues have been fixed with 10.7.2, many issues remain while new ones arise.

With that said, good luck to what ever you decide to do. Be sure to back up any valuable data before going further.