how to turn it on after it goes to sleep ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by touchUpInside, Nov 15, 2014.

1. touchUpInside macrumors member

touchUpInside

RiMac: Used it yesterday (day 1), powered it on/off. Used it this morning (day 2), left it running, and it went to sleep (I guess) and now pushing the power button . . . once, twice, long time, wait a few minutes . . . (moving the mouse, etc) but it doesn't seem to want to turn on.

uh . . . a mac is simple to use, right ? I did add new RAM, HDDs, and burner, but it all worked fine yesterday and first thing this morning while I used it for an hour.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You mentioned moving the mouse. Did you try clicking it? Or typing a key on the keyboard?

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Just press any key on the keyboard. Should wake in a few seconds. If you get no response, shut it down by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds, 10 will be enough. Press the power button again to boot up.
    If you still get no response, unplug the power cord.
    (Double-check that you have power at your power strip.)
    While the power cord is still out - press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds, then release. Plug the power cord back in, and boot up.
    If you still get no response - Remove your additional RAM, and go back to original RAM.

4. touchUpInside thread starter macrumors member

touchUpInside

clicking the mouse and pressing keys didn't happen to work, but unplugging it and pressing the power switch for 5 second did happen to work. (Didn't try just unplugging it because of impatience : ).

Thanks, so much guys !