How to turn my 2.0.2 Jailbroken Gen 1 iPhone stock again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STC, Sep 4, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

Ever since 1.1.4 my phone never saved cookies. I tried numerious cookie fixes found in Installer, none worked as none could ever install and I got main execution script errors.

I decided that I wanted to start w/ a fresh install of 2.0.2 (this time maybe the phone will remember my cookies!!)

Whats the best way to do this?
    I'm assuming I should restore, and not load the "backup" when its done or set it up as a "new phone".

Any advice?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Restore (to get the newest firmware) then do not restore from backup when that screen comes up, set it up as a new phone.
    If you have any modified .ipsw files, I would delete them so that iTunes is forced to download a new copy of 2.0.2.

TEG

3. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, thx! I used QuickPwn to jailbreak, so modded ipsw files here.

4. dirtbike80 macrumors newbie

Problems with Jailbreak

Hey, I'm still kind of a newbie here, but I've tried both QuickPwn RC3 and WinPwn 2.5 BETA to jailbreak my 8gb iPhone 3G version 2.0.2. Both of them give me errors after I go through the button sequence to enter DFU. They both keep saying that I either didn't follow the instructions correctly or else my USB port is malfunctioning. I was wondering if there was a way to directly restore an IPSW that has already been jailbroken by someone else or if the IPSW that is created by either program is custom to my particular phone?? If you guys know if this is possible and if you have a jailbroken 2.0.2 IPSW, could you please give me some advice here? Thanks!!