How to turn off a Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by iBookfan, Aug 30, 2008.

1. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Hi

I know this is kinda dumb question, but I really don't know! My Cinema, which I just got this week is connected to my Macbook.

So = Is the Cinema off when it will show the white light or when it's dark with no lights at all?

I kinda think its when the screen is black without the lighting because of the pulsing light on the macbook, but just wanted to make sure, 'cause i'm a "green"-guy! :p

Thanks in advance :)

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

when you sleep or shutdown your Mac the Apple Cinema Display (ACD) will turn off and the white light will turn on. when you turn off the ACD either by setting a time limit in Energy Saver, turning it off by the touch controls on the right side or pressing control+shift+eject the display will turn off but and the white light will come on then turn off.

3. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Maybe I'm just stupid but its still quite complicated in my head.

No light = Off
    White light = Sleep

Aight?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

just test it

turn off with touch button = white light then no light
    sleep & automatically turn off & control+shift+eject = white light

pretty much the white light will turn on when its ready for an input to turn the display back on.

5. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Okay, thanks. What do people mostly do? Just sleep it or turn it off? Does it "harm" the ACD to be on sleep or turning on and off all the time?