How to turn off internet connect message?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iperson, Apr 15, 2007.

1. iperson macrumors newbie

I did a search, honest. I've been looking for a solution for hours.

Every few minutes, I get a message window that tells me that the internet is still connected, and would I like to turn it off or keep connected? It's annoying and there's no "don't ask me again" function.

I've looked in every preference and related utility that I could find. How do I turn this stupid message off?

I just bought a 24 with 2 gigs ram. Haven't installed OS 10.4.9 yet.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

System Preferences > Network > Modem > Modem.
    Turn off "Remind me x seconds before disconnecting". This only appears if you are connected by modem, so I am assuming you are.

3. iperson thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm... I have *never* seen that message when using Ethernet (been an OS X user for 4 years). Are you using a fully-fledged router (manages the connection itself) or some sort of "mini" modem that passes the connection across to the computer? (ie. have you entered your username and password into OS X or into the router?)

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Before I owned my AirPort, and I plugged in my iMac directly, I got the same message. But ever since I use wireless, I don't get the message anymore.

7. iperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Duh. It IS a PPOE setting. I'm an idiot. Sorry. Please delete thread/ I just didn't see the advanced settings. Azureus should work better now too.