How to turn off router Wep Settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Candy Fletcher, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Candy Fletcher macrumors newbie

I have an imac with netgear router, i want to turn off the security wep i setup, because with it my other computer PC in the other room will only connect at the 2.4G speed of 54 while my mac on the Dual N will connect over 100. Before I put the security setting on the PC would connect on N also. I am not really worried about security, live in rural setting and do not do online banking or buying. I can't seem to find where Mac stores the info to go back to NO security. Have spent all day trying to do this. any help appreciated. By the way my macbook connects on the N and my toshiba lapbook connects on the 2.4. Can two be connected via the router to N at the same time? i thought they did before but now i am not sure.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just type in the url bar one of the following : 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.0, 192.168.1.1, and it should take you to the router settings.

3. Candy Fletcher thread starter macrumors newbie

turned off those wep setting

Thank you so much, I went from being the pc geek in the family to the mac side about a year ago, love them. but they are harder for me to problem solve with my heavy windows background and only 18 months with macs. I appreciate your help. Have a great day.