How to turn off the mail app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by evillageprowler, Jan 16, 2008.

1. evillageprowler macrumors regular

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I think it would be really nice to be able to turn off the mail app in the latest software update to the IPT. It would be nice also to empty the trash can (of deleted messages).

This inability to turn off an app is common across all the iPhone/IPT apps, but I think the mail app should be an exception. As far as I can tell, the only way for me to turn it off is to turn off my IPT -- not such a hardship but ...

I checked the pdf doc on Apple's web site and no info. Anyone here found a good way?

EVP

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

What do you mean "turn it off?" You can set it to not check your mail except for manually in Settings... I'm not sure what your question is.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

You can empty the trash of deleted messages. What you can't do is recover messages in the trash that you can still view.

4. pab277 macrumors regular

your question sounds odd. theres no way to 'turn off mail'
    but if your question is about the mail constantly checking for new messages....just go into settings...then mail...then change 'auto-check' to manual so that way you can check your emails manually and the ipod wont constantly check.

5. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

you can't turn it off. but you can make it non function. simply go to option. delete your email account. that's all.