How to turn off the slide to unlock screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salilsundresh, Oct 10, 2007.

1. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to turn off the slide to unlock screen when ever the iPhone is turned on from sleep? It's kind of annoying and doesn't make much sense most of the time to me.. seeing as the iPhone is only sensitive to fingers and therefore wouldn't have issues with rubbing against the inside of my pocket. Does anyone else feel this way? Sure it seemed like a good idea at first, but that was before I knew about it only working with fingers.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I agree. would be nice if there was a way to turn it off.

3. aerospace macrumors 6502a

have yet to see a solution. its a bit annoying but without it the phone would likely make calls/surf the net/etc with any unintended touch.

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Lately I ve started to find this feature annoying i hope Apple would let us decide if we wanted it or not by giving an option to turn it off

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Yeah I really don't understand why we can't just unlock the screen with the sleep/wake or home button and go right to the home screen.

The slide to unlock thing got old within 10 minutes of using the device and now its really annoying.

I suppose the plus side is that I can do it now without even looking at the phone.

6. rayward macrumors 68000

Unintended touches, when fishing the thing out of a pocket, are many and varied. I actually lock my iPhone at every opportunity, because otherwise the moment I pick it up again I go off on some unintended tangent and have to work my way back.